Canada - Manitoba Business Immigration
Open for Business Immigration
With a population of 1.1 million and diverse skills and multicultural backgrounds, Manitoba is the ideal size and place to start or purchase a business or farm, and to raise a family. Manitoba invites you to explore the business-friendly atmosphere and abundant opportunities that await you in the province. We have a history of welcoming newcomers and fully recognize the importance of business and farm immigrants to our province’s economic and demographic development. We encourage you to take advantage of an extensive network of services available to newcomers.
The Province of Manitoba and Government of Canada share responsibilities regarding business people immigrating to Canada through the Provincial Nominee Program for Business.
The Provincial Nominee Program for Business allows Manitoba to recruit and nominate qualified business people from around the world who have the intent and ability to move to Manitoba and establish, purchase a business or become partners in an existing business.
The Provincial Nominee Program for Business accelerates the immigration process by providing a Nomination Certificate to you which allows for faster processing by the Government of Canada of your immigration application. The Province of Manitoba is committed to help you and your family settle successfully, identify business opportunities and establish your business or farm in the province.
The Province of Manitoba and Government of Canada share responsibilities for assisting farm business people to immigrate to Manitoba through the Provincial Nominee Program for Young Farmers (PNP-YF).
The Young Farmer Nominee Program allows Manitoba to recruit and nominate qualified farm business people and farm owners from around the world who have the intent and ability to move to Manitoba and establish or purchase a farm or become partners in an existing farm business.
To qualify under the program applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum personal net worth of CDN$150,000 (after relocating to Manitoba)
- Make a minimum amount of equity investment of CDN$150,000 in Manitoba
- Principal applicant must be under 40 years of age.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of farm ownership experience, or three (3) years farm management background.
- Principal applicant (and/or spouse) has marketable skills that would supplement farm income.
- Have conducted a visit to Manitoba for a minimum of seven (7) days to investigate farming opportunities and Manitoba's quality of life prior to applying.